Employer: RSPCA Bury, Oldham and District Branch(Reg. Charity No: 226624)
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: N/A
Hours: 15 hours per week minimum, flexible days/hours, home & office-based role flexibility.
Salary £22,000 pro rata
Annual Leave 6 days (based on 5 hours per day over 3 days) plus statutory Bank Holidays
Location The Strinesdale Centre, Holgate Street, Oldham, Ol4 2JW and home.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
1. Purpose of the job
To provide a comprehensive, high quality, efficient and effective finance service to support the work of the branch. To review and develop new systems for financial reporting.
The post holder will be working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Treasurer, accountant, and branch auditors.
· Branch establishment of 30 people
· Annual turnover of £1.1m (2019)
· Large animal centre and 10 charity shops
3. Principal Accountabilities
· Assist with the preparation of the annual Branch and departmental budgets.
· Maintain and monitor budgets, produce cash flow forecasts, and assist in the production of appropriate weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports, ensuring that expenditure is within agreed limits and that income targets are achieved, reporting any discrepancies Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
· To undertake all aspects of book-keeping including sales and purchase ledger input, reconciliation, journals, and nominal ledger administration to a trial balance stage, reporting any discrepancies to the CEO and Treasurer.
· To develop and manage an effective purchase order and invoicing procedure.
· To ensure effective credit control, maximising financial benefit to the charity.
· Review, develop and implement financial management, cash handling, daily banking, and security procedures in consultation with the Chief Executive Officer.
· Develop and implement systems for the collection of appropriate management data across the Branch operation in consultation with the Chief Executive Officer.
· Build and develop positive relationships with Trustees, key branch staff, auditors and external payroll providers and answer queries on financial matters.
· Where appropriate, actively promote all Branch & Society initiatives and campaigns to promote awareness of the charity.
· Foster and maintain effective working relations across the Branch network.
· Contribute to the development of the branch’s operational effectiveness.
· To attend management meetings and training courses as requested.
· To carry out such and other reasonable tasks as directed by the Chief Executive Officer and/or Treasurer.
· Adhere to strict security of finance (cash and online), confidentiality, data security, GDPR and full compliance of branch policies, HMRC regulations, charity, and corporate law. Internally and externally.
While at work all staff are required to:
· take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts and omissions.
· co-operate with branch policies and procedures for health and safety and working policies.
Please note that we are not able to accept applications outside of the online link provided above.
Due to the limited administration fuction at the branch are unable to respond to all applicants individually if not selected for interview.
An enhanced DBS maybe required for this post.