Support us at a critical time of year
We are NOT funded by the National RSPCA and still have hundreds of animals to support, especially during the pandemic and festive season.
A legacy to the RSPCA Bury, Oldham & District Branch will provide crucial funds to allow us to continue to help and rehome as many needy animals as possible. We could not do this without such generous support from the public.
You can help us and local animals by making a will or by adding a codicil (a document which specifies alternations to your will). If you are making a will, please remember that the RSPCA Bury, Oldham & District Branch and all other RSPCA branches are separately registered charities. So, if you would like the animals in your local area to benefit, we suggest that your legacy reads:-
I give the sum of £……………….. (or specify a share of residue) to the RSPCA Bury, Oldham & District Branch c/o RSPCA Animal Centre, Oldham. Registered charity number 226624, for its general purposes and I declare that the receipt of the Honorary Treasurer, or other proper office of the said RSPCA for the time being, shall be a full and sufficient discharge for the said legacy.
Please note that a will or codicil needs to be properly witnessed and you should obtain legal advice.
Gifts to registered charities are generally exempt from inheritance and capital gains taxes. A gift to our branch would therefore greatly benefit local animals with minimum burden to your estate.
Our charity shops sell your donations to fund the work of the Bury, Oldham & District RSPCA. The Bury, Oldham & District RSPCA helps animals in crisis and in need of care.
How to donate
Drop items off at any Bury, Oldham & District RSPCA charity shop in your area and remember to ask about GIFT AID.
Please don’t leave donations outside the shop when we are closed as they could be stolen or ruined by the weather.
Please contact your nearest charity shop if you:
• would like to arrange a house collection
• are a company that would like to donate end-of-line, samples or surplus stock
• have any particularly large items to donate that you are unable to bring yourself.
Donations we can accept
All donations must be clean, useable and of saleable quality. If you wouldn’t buy it then we probably won’t be able to sell it! The better the quality of your items, the more money we can raise from their sale.
We are always looking for
• unwanted gifts
• children’s clothing, toys and games
• men’s and women’s clothing and shoes
• books and multimedia like DVDs, CDs and vinyl
• accessories, non-pierced jewellery, belts, handbags
• bric a brac, crockery, glassware, bakeware, household linen and ornaments
• any old clothes or textiles that are no longer useable can still raise money by being sold to textile merchants.
We also accept second-hand furniture and electrical equipment